Home » Server Options » Data Guard » LGWR SYNC (10.2.0.4 & OS Version RHEL5)
LGWR SYNC [message #579256] Sun, 10 March 2013 12:44 Go to next message
lahiri7
Hello all,

I have few queries regarding standby database.

1)Correct me if I am wrong. On primary Database Standby Redo log is required for switchover and on standby database Standby Redo log is required for
--Real time Apply
--Maximum protection or Maximum availability
Am I correct?

2)My database is in Maximum Performance mode. I set up following entry on init.ora:
LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2='service=standby LGWR ASYNC'. My question is do I need to have STANDBY Redo log file on standby database in order to use LGWR transport (LGWR ASYNC)mode from primary? Without Standby redo log on standby database can it transport redo data from primary to standby using LGWR transport mode (LGWR ASYNC)?

3)I have changed from the "ARCH" attribute to "LGWR" attribute of the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n initialization parameter. But I have not changed the protection mode. I would like to know whether is there any impact in the behavior of the database, if we do not change the mode from "MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE" to "MAXIMUM AVAILABILITY"?

With regards
Re: LGWR SYNC [message #579264 is a reply to message #579256] Sun, 10 March 2013 14:01 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It seems to me this is some questions of an exam.
Can you post what is your opinion and why (link to the documentation that states it for instance).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO APPLIED ON STANDBY
Next Topic: Apply standby redo log to physical stby db.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:39:42 CDT 2024