Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » failed to add Oracle VM Server to Server pool
failed to add Oracle VM Server to Server pool [message #522958] Wed, 14 September 2011 16:02 Go to next message
edgefree
I followed the document to install one Oracle VM 3.0 Server and one Oracle VM Manager on another Linux successfully.

However, when I tried to add Oracle VM Server to Server pool. I got the error:
" .....
Command: create_server_pool Oracle VM xxxxx 192.168.0.xxx ovs-1d-df-57 192.168.0.5 master,xen,utility, Status: org.apache.xmlrp.XmlRpcException: exceptions Exception:Server cannot be pooled: no core API bindings
....."

I googled and checked documents, but I could not find any clue.

Hope I could find any Gurus here.

Thank you very much !

Edgy
Re: failed to add Oracle VM Server to Server pool [message #523158 is a reply to message #522958] Thu, 15 September 2011 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edgefree
Hi all,

Finally, I figure it out. Put here for sharing.

The key reason is Oracle VM Server 3.0 missing a file "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-managees/version.properties", which maybe an Oracle bug.

I got a hint from log of /var/log/ovs-agent.log. Then, checked the Python source codes about ovs-agent component under '/opt/ovs-agent-3.0' (in file: OVSServerPool.py). Then, I made a fake file of 'version.properties' as following:
-----
major.version=2
minor.version=4
patch.version=0
bld.version=0
-----

After then, adding server to Server Pool is success.

Thank you for reading.

Edgy
Re: failed to add Oracle VM Server to Server pool [message #523164 is a reply to message #523158] Thu, 15 September 2011 16:30 Go to previous message
ThomasG
Thanks for the feedback. Will come in handy when someone runs into similar problems.
Previous Topic: ORA errors when coping Virtual Machine
Next Topic: Oracle client support for VAX OpenVMS 7.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:33:53 CDT 2024