Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » called form not getting displayed , after login form (oracle 10g AS , Windows XP )
called form not getting displayed , after login form [message #522696] Tue, 13 September 2011 03:38 Go to next message
ariffcal
Dear Sir ,

I am calling the main form , from the login form in the Oracle 10g Application Server , thru http , but it does not display anything .

However it is working fine under developer suit , locally .

code:
declare
pl_id paramlist;
--vVar1 NUMBER;
a varchar2(80);
b varchar2(40);
begin

SELECT user_name,mc_name into b,a FROM Mc_users
WHERE user_name = :block3.username and -- Check the case sensitivity use UPPER function on requirement
pwd = :block3.pwd and mc_name = :block3.mc;

if :username is not null
then

pl_id := get_parameter_list('tempdata');
if not ID_NULL(pl_id) then destroy_parameter_list(pl_id); end if;
pl_id := create_parameter_list('tempdata');

add_parameter(pl_id,'mc_name',text_parameter,a);
add_parameter(pl_id,'user_name',text_parameter,b);

call_form('D:\OraHome_2\forms\fdtlnew3.fmx',hide,do_replace,no_query_only,pl_id);
--:global.mc := :block3.username;
--call_form('D:\orant\forms90\storedb.fmx',hide,do_replace,no_query_only);

else
message('Invalid user account or Account has been blocked.');
message('Invalid user account or Account has been blocked.');
end if;

end;
============================================================

Re: called form not getting displayed , after login form [message #522752 is a reply to message #522696] Tue, 13 September 2011 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Forms run an an application server know nothing about your local client.
Re: called form not getting displayed , after login form [message #522787 is a reply to message #522752] Tue, 13 September 2011 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ariffcal
I have uploaded all of them , the login and application on the application server .

The same login and application is running on my local client ( hard disk ) ,
Re: called form not getting displayed , after login form [message #522945 is a reply to message #522787] Wed, 14 September 2011 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Once again, the application server knows nothing about your local PC, therefore calling a form from a path on your local PC has no meaning.
You need application server experience to know how to edit the formsweb.cfg configuration file to make an application server work.
Re: called form not getting displayed , after login form [message #522976 is a reply to message #522945] Thu, 15 September 2011 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
All you said is true; I just presume that (seeing the difference in directory names and what the OP has said)
call_form('D:\OraHome_2\forms\fdtlnew3.fmx' -> calls a form on an application server
call_form('D:\orant\forms90\storedb.fmx'    -> calls a form on a PC
Re: called form not getting displayed , after login form [message #523072 is a reply to message #522976] Thu, 15 September 2011 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 15 September 2011 01:11
All you said is true; I just presume that (seeing the difference in directory names and what the OP has said)

I saw that too, but being that the form name is different, I "presumed" that these were just different forms that he was testing.

In addition, on an app server, forms should be under a directory for the mid-tier, usually defined with a meaningful name, but then again, I don't know what default names an app server in a Windows environment would use.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2011 08:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: called form not getting displayed , after login form [message #525627 is a reply to message #523072] Tue, 04 October 2011 03:19 Go to previous message
Baranor
Check formsweb.cfg... if you call the form from the server, then it should be configured as such. Make sure all the registry entries are correct too. Referring to something with full pathname is asking for trouble... if you set everything correctly, you will not need to do that as it will look in its current directory first.
Previous Topic: rep-51002 bind to reports server ags-pension failed
Next Topic: FRM-92101
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:55:02 CDT 2024