Home » Server Options » Data Guard » How to delete archivelog in Standby Database when it is applied successfully (10.0.2)
How to delete archivelog in Standby Database when it is applied successfully [message #341952] Wed, 20 August 2008 20:42 Go to next message
thienhd
Dear Oracle Gurus,

Could you please teach me how to make the automatic deletion of all the archivelogs when it is applied successfully on the standby database?

We have 1 primary database and 1 standby database using oracle physical dataguard.

In the primary database, we have daily backup job so that the applied archivelogs are deleted automaticaly, no problem

But in the standby database ( physical standby) I have to go there and delete manually because I don't issue backup on this database. Is there any solution for this problem

Could you please help me, or give me some clues to do it

Thanks you very much

Best regards,

Thien
Re: How to delete archivelog in Standby Database when it is applied successfully [message #341953 is a reply to message #341952] Wed, 20 August 2008 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & FOLLOW the Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

You should consider using the Operating System command that deletes files.
Re: How to delete archivelog in Standby Database when it is applied successfully [message #343271 is a reply to message #341953] Tue, 26 August 2008 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonumalhi
You can laso use rman backup to delete archivlog without taking backup.
something like
delete archivelog all completed before 'SYSDATE -1';
Re: How to delete archivelog in Standby Database when it is applied successfully [message #506981 is a reply to message #341952] Thu, 12 May 2011 02:44 Go to previous message
bato
http://gnjatovic.blogspot.com/2011/03/delete-applied-arhivelogs-on-standby.html
Previous Topic: client failure failover/switchover standby configuration
Next Topic: High number of DG slave processes on primary when link to standby is down
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:03:50 CDT 2024